This Privacy Statement articulates the privacy and data protection principles followed by ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR and its entities around the world with regards to the personal information of its customers (including products, outsourcing and other services clients), partners, employees (current or former employees, trainees), applicants, contractors, prospects and vendors and current or former members of the Board of Directors, whose personal information are processed by ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR (“Data Subjects”).
This Privacy Statement explains the use and protection of personal information collected by ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR. It applies to any personal information you provide to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR and, subject to local law, any personal information we collect from other sources.
Throughout this Privacy Statement, “ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR” refers to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR, KARNATAKA (INDIA) including its affiliates and subsidiaries (also referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”).
Scope of this Privacy Statement:
This Privacy Statement covers our information practices, including how we collect, use, share and protect the personal information you provide to us, through our web sites and Mobile apps that link to this Privacy Statement (collectively referred to as “ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR’s Web sites and apps”).
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR may provide links to third-party websites and apps for your convenience and information. If you access those links through the ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR website, you will leave the ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR website. ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR’s practices. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or apps. The personal information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties, including any social media websites featured on our website, is not covered by the ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR’s Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statement or policy of any website before submitting your personal information.
We may also provide social media features on our website and mobile apps that enable you to share ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR information with your social networks and to interact with ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand how the information provided by you could be used or shared by those sites.
Personal information collected by ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR:
We may collect personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City, Phone Number and location details. We may collect images such has pests images, diseased plant images and other images, When you provide information that enables us to respond to your request for products or services, we will, wherever permissible by relevant laws, collect, use and disclose this information to third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal information that you provide to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR directly through websites or emails or mobile apps
We may collect personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City, Location and Phone Number when you fill forms on or raise a query through our websites, mobile apps or send emails, call us or write to us. Personal information that is automatically collected by ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR when you use ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR websites
Visit ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR Websites
In some instances, ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR automatically collects personal information pertaining to you when you visit our websites or use mobile apps and through e-mails that we may exchange. We may use automated technologies including the use of web server logs to collect IP addresses, device details, cookies and web beacons. The collection of this information will allow us to improve the effectiveness of ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR websites and apps and our marketing activities. Please see the section below on cookies for further details.
By using ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR’s websites, associated microsites and mobile applications, you agree to the processing of your information as explained in this Privacy Statement.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR websites may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement/Notice of each website or apps you consume. Personal information that is collected from third party sources
Engage with ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR through social media
You can engage with us through social media websites or through features on ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR websites and mobile apps that integrate with social media sites. When you engage with us through social media sites or mobile apps, you may allow us to have access to certain information from your social media profile based upon your privacy preference settings on such platform.
Personal information that is collected when you access our Websites through mobile devices
Access our Websites through Mobile Devices
If you access our websites on your mobile device, we may collect your personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City, Phone Number, IP address, Location and Device details.
When you provide us your mobile phone number, you consent to the use of your mobile phone number for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement. If you choose to refrain from receiving any text notifications from us on your mobile, we will not be using your mobile number for such purposes unless required to meet legal requirements or legitimate business purposes. We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
How We Use your Data:
The personal information we collect may be used to:
• provide information and services as requested by you;
• assess queries, requirements, and process requests for products and services;
• perform client communication, service, billing and administration;
• conduct data analysis;
• assess web site performance and usage analysis
• maintain leads
• run marketing or promotional campaigns
• create brand awareness
• provide better services and generate demand
• market products and services based on legitimate business interest under the applicable law); or
• conduct processing necessary to fulfill other contractual obligations for the individual.
With your consent, we may also use your personal information for additional purposes. Instances where sensitive personal information is collected will warrant explicit consent. Unless it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, should you choose not to provide any personal information during certain activity, you will nevertheless be able to continue with such activity wherever possible.
Sharing of personal information with the third parties:
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR does not share personal information about you with affiliates, partners, service providers, group entities and non-affiliated companies except: (a) to provide products or services you’ve requested; (b) when we have your permission: or (c) under the following circumstances:
- We may share information with affiliated entities/subsidiaries/branch offices for legitimate business purposes.
- We may provide the information to trusted entities who work on behalf of or with ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR under strict confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your personal information to help ICAR-DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR communicate with you about offers from ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR and for other legitimate business purposes. However, these companies do not have any independent right to further share or disseminate this information
- We may share information with statutory authorities, government institutions or other bodies where required for compliance with legal requirements
- We may use the information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We may share information where we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information where we believe it is necessary in order to protect or enforce ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR’s rights, usage terms, intellectual or physical property or for safety of ICAR-DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR or associated parties.
- We may share information about you if ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR is acquired by or merged with another company.
You may choose to give us personal information such as your name and address or e-mail identification address (‘ID’) that may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, for you to download our white papers, to provide you with subscription information etc. We will endeavour to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR will not be liable for any unsolicited information provided by you. You consent to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR using such information as per ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR’s Privacy Statement.
We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information. To correct inaccuracies in your personal information, please return the message containing the inaccuracies to the sender.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR’s websites and mobile apps are not directed at nor targeted at children. No one who has not reached the age of thirteen may use the websites unless supervised by an adult.
By accessing this website you represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information in the following ways.
If you have created a profile or account on one of our websites or app, you can update your contact information after you log into your account.
If you request electronic communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the communication.
If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences either through your device or the application settings. If you no longer wish to have any information collected by the mobile application, you may uninstall the application by using the uninstall process available on your mobile device.
Cookies and other technologies: A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded to a user’s computer or mobile device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. They are used for a wide variety of purposes such as website analytics – counting visitors and their behaviour, targeted advertising, recording user preferences or for authentication.
Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance cookies – These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Functionality cookies – These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Targeting Cookies – These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- You can change your cookies preference any time from Cookie Settings
- We also disclose information about your use of our site to our social media/advertising/analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you have provided to them or which they have collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.
- You can manage the non-essential or functional cookies in your browser. These settings are usually found within the ‘privacy’ section of browsers.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies, either by selecting accept or decline in the banner on your first visit (in the latter case we will try to set a cookie to record your preference for future visits), or by changing the settings in your web browser. Most web browsers are set by accept cookies by default, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. These settings are usually found within the ‘privacy’ section. For mobile devices these may be within the browser app settings.
If you choose not to accept our various cookies, this will prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. If you wish to delete cookies which have already been placed on your computer’s hard drive, you can do so through your browser, and further information on how to do this can be found here:
We also use web beacons or tracking pixels in our emails and web pages which help us to monitor whether you have opened any newsletters we may have sent to you. A web beacon is one of various techniques used on web pages or email, to unobtrusively (usually invisibly) allow checking that a user has accessed some content. Common uses are email tracking and page tagging for web analytics. We use this information to deliver you a personalized service by ensuring that we send you information that we believe you will find interesting based on the content we know you have engaged with previously.
Please refer to the links provided below to know more about the third-party analytics cookies used on ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR websites –
Google Analytics Cookies: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Adobe Analytics Cookies: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/whitepapers/cookies/cookies_analytics.html
- Our website and app may also include functionality to interact with social media websites where you may have accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (“Third Party Accounts”). You should be aware that these sites may set cookies while you’re using this website, and use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. We encourage you to review your privacy settings on the social media sites with which you interact, together with their privacy policies, to make sure you understand the information that could be shared by those sites. The following Pixel/Tags are used for social media
- LinkedIn Insights Tag for Conversion Tracking. Terms and Conditions
- Facebook Pixel – Terms and Conditions for use
- Twitter Tailored Audiences and Conversion Tracking Program. Terms and Conditions.
You can contact us at the e-mail or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this Statement. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing and your requests with regard to the same if any. We will endeavour to respond to your request, subject to reasonable limitations provided by law, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals.
If we are unable to entertain your request, we will provide you with the reason for refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (i.e. unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in our computing environment. All emails received by ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR are subject to spam check. Any email identified as spam will be rejected with sufficient information to the sender for taking necessary action. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR hopes to minimize the effect of spam emails. ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR reserves the right to reject and/or report any suspicious spam emails, to the authorities concerned, for necessary action.
Data Protection and Confidentiality:
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR has implemented reasonable and adequate physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR discloses information to third parties only for legitimate purposes such as our service providers and agents who are bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose. ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR will ensure through formally executed contracts that the service providers are committed to “same level of data protection” as applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Further, ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR may make disclosures to law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies subject to applicable law.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR will take reasonable steps to ensure that all dealings in Personal Information, shall:
- be processed fairly & lawfully;
- be obtained only with the consent of the information provider;
- be collected, only when:
– the information is collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR; and
– the collection of the sensitive personal data or information is considered necessary for that purpose.
- be available for review by the information provider, as and when requested.
- be kept secure against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, as per the prescribed standards.
Your (“Data Subjects”) rights with respect to your personal information:
We respect your right to be informed, access, correct, request deletion or request restriction, portability, objection, and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, in our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our services
- You can have the right to access your personal information
- You have a right to object to processing of your personal information where it is so conducted by automated means and involves any kind of decision-making
Right to opt out
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR respects your privacy considerations and hence provides an option to you, to not provide the data or information sought to be collected.
Further, you can also withdraw your consent which was earlier given to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR, and the same must be communicated to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR in writing.
Access and rectification
You have a right to request access to your personal information. You may send us a request for access.
You also have the right to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. If you have an account with the ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR Site or app, this can usually be done through the appropriate “your account” or “your profile” section on the website or app (if applicable) Otherwise, you can send us a request to rectify your data by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further, you have the option to file a complaint for suspected or actual violations of your data protection rights with the relevant supervisory authority.
Retention of personal information:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as performance of a contract, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Disclosure of information:
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR may share your personal information with your consent, or where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation or where required by government agencies mandated under law to procure such disclosure. It shall also take steps to ensure that the information transferred to a third party is not further disclosed by it except where permissible under law.
International transfer of Personal Information:
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR may transfer certain personal information across geographical borders to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR entities or service providers in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable law. A Transfer of personal information has a broad meaning and occurs when information is communicated, moved, accessed or otherwise sent to another country.
In cases where personal information would need to be transferred outside of a country where ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR operates, towards other jurisdictions, specific requirements may apply for such Transfer to be allowed.
For instance, data protection laws of the EEA and of Switzerland authorize the Transfer of personal information:
- to countries which have been recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for personal information.
- if appropriate measures in compliance with the European Union data protection legal requirements are in place in order to ensure the protection and the confidentiality of personal information in the countries that do not offer an adequate level of protection.
This is the case where the recipient ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR entity or Third Party concludes with the exporting relevant entity of ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR an agreement based on the European Union standard contractual clauses, to ensure the protection of personal information.
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR may also Transfer personal information to a Third Party located outside the EEA or Switzerland without having to implement the above measures where one of the following conditions is met:
- the Data Subject has given her/his consent to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR for the Transfer her/his Personal Information;
- ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR needs to carry out the transfer of personal information to perform or conclude a contract with the Data Subject; the transfer of personal information is necessary (i) to protect the Data Subject’s vital interests (i.e. in case of a life or death situation), or (ii) to allow ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, or (iii) for reasons of public interest;
- the Transfer covers personal information publicly available (for instance from a public register).
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR ensures the “same level of data protection” as per applicable data protection laws and regulations when it transfers your personal information to any other body corporate or a person in any country
ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the personal information supplied to it by its service providers, whose duty it is to ensure that the information provided by it or its employees is authentic.
Any grievance or complaint, in relation to processing of personal information, should be sent to ICAR- DIRECTORATE OF CASHEW RESEARCH, PUTTUR in writing to following contact email ID. Grievance shall be redressed as expeditiously as possible.
Email : email@example.com
Effective Date : 31-Jan-2023
This Privacy Statement is effective from 31-Jan 2023 and it supersedes all existing polices on the subject matter.
Changes to this Privacy Statement:
Please note that this Privacy Statement may be subject to change from time to time. The revised Privacy Statement will accordingly be published on this page. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement without your explicit consent. Please regularly check this Privacy Statement to ensure you are aware of the latest updates with respect to the same.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 31- Jan 2023
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or processing of your personal information, please fill out the form below or contact us by writing to:
ICAR-Directorate of Cashew Research
Post Darbe, Puttur -574 202,
Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka, India
Phone: +91-8251-230902, 231530; Fax: 08251-234350