- To build and maintain a modern scientific library devoted to plantation crops especially on cashew.
- To acquire and build up a wide range of publications including books, monographs, treatises, reference books, journals, proceedings, CD-ROM and other digital media.
- To provide information services for the user community by adopting Information and Communication Technology techniques.
- To maintain liaison with other sister organizations for exchange of information.
- To supply copies of available documents in the library on request.
- To serve as a national clearing house for information on cashew.