- Green lacewings are also excellent predators in an ecosystem. The common genus include Chrysoperla.
- Adults are green, soft-bodied insects with golden eyes and four membranous wings.
- Eggs have long stalks and are commonly seen near the colonies of aphids, mealy bugs etc.
- Larvae look like tiny alligators and are generalist predators.
- The larvae predate on small insects, including aphids, caterpillars, leafhoppers, mealybugs, psyllids, thrips, whiteflies, insect eggs etc.
- During the flowering season of cashew, these are commonly noticed on cashew inflorescences.
Photo credit: K. Vanitha, ICAR-DCR, Puttur